Follow the steps below to merge duplicate student records in your Renaissance data. Merging records can be helpful if the same student has been entered or imported into your database more than once with the same name or a slightly different name.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
- On the Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Merge Students under "Students."
- Search for the student record by typing the student's name, user name, and/or ID in the blank fields. You don't need to enter complete information in these fields; the software can perform partial matches. Select the search icon.
- Find the students in the search results, and check the box for the ones you want to merge. You must check the the box for only two students.
- Select Compare Students to compare the two records.
The Compare Student Information for Merge page shows you detailed information about both student records. (If the two records shown are not the ones you intended to select, select < Back to choose other student records.)
After comparing the student records, choose one of the options at the top of the page:
- Merge with student A as the primary: Choose this option to merge the two records, keeping the personal and demographic information from the student A record. The program merges the characteristics, class enrollment, and any data specific to a particular program (such as Accelerated Reader quiz scores) from student B's record into student A's record. Note that unscored Accelerated Math assignments will not be merged.
- Merge with student B as the primary: Choose this option to merge the two records, keeping the personal and demographic information from the student B record. The program merges characteristics, class enrollment, and any data specific to a particular program (such as Accelerated Reader quiz scores) from student A's record into student B's record. Note that unscored Accelerated Math assignments will not be merged.
After you choose an option, select Confirm and Merge > to continue. (If you do not want to continue the process, select Cancel instead.)
Next, you'll see information about what the program is about to do. Read through this information carefully before you continue; the merge action cannot be undone.
To merge the student records, select Merge Students. (To go back and choose different options, select < Back. To cancel the process, select Cancel.
After you select Merge Students, a green message at the top will tell you the student records were merged. Select Done to leave the page.