Parents or others that are added in the Get Email Updates area of Renaissance Home Connect do not receive the email invitation. When checking Get Email Updates, the "Email Updates" list either shows Pending, or displays the email address with a status of Failed.
When a student enters a new email address in the Get Email Updates area of Renaissance Home Connect, an email is sent from a renlearnrp.com mail server to the specified email address. The user might not have received it for one of these reasons:
- The email address was entered incorrectly or the address does not exist.
- If the email account is able to receive emails, the Renaissance Home Connect email may have been delivered but did not appear in the users Inbox due to SPAM filtering. It may have been automatically moved to another folder such as Bulk (yahoo.com), Junk (hotmail.com), or Junk E-mail (Microsoft Outlook). It also could have been deleted immediately upon receipt.
- If the email account is able to receive emails but Renaissance Home Connect displays it in red with a status of Failed, the email provider may have flagged it as SPAM and returned it to Renaissance as undeliverable.
- Verify the email account that was entered is valid by sending an email to the user outside of Renaissance Home Connect.
- The status of the invitation will remain as Invited until the user opens the email and accepts the invitation. Adjust the settings for the email account so future emails from email@example.com are not treated as SPAM. If you are unable to locate the original invitation, the parent or child will need to delete the email entry and add it again.
- Contact your email administrator and request that the renlearnrp.com domain be added to the SPAM management software's allowlist. Since the email was not delivered, there is no way for it to be accepted. The parent or child will need to delete the email entry and add it again.
Please note that firstname.lastname@example.org is not a monitored email account. If you need further assistance contact Technical Support at email@example.com.