Use this preference to set the monitor password for Accelerated Reader reading quizzes for your classes. The monitor password is required when you stop a quiz or delete an unfinished quiz; using the Password Requirement preference, you can choose whether the password is also required before and/or after Accelerated Reader quizzes. The monitor password may also be used to override book level and interest level restrictions you have set, override date and time restrictions for quizzing, and allow students to retake quizzes.
Note that you can set the monitor password for each class. The monitor password for Star tests is set in a separate preference named Monitor Password - Star Tests.
How to Get to This Preference
To get to the Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your initials in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that opens.
You can also select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading or one of the Star products on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes under the Class Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to Set the Preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at all schools. School-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the Schools drop-down list to choose the school whose classes you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Classes drop-down list to choose the class(es) that you want to set the preference for. Then, check the classes. If you want to set the preference for all of your classes, click Select All. (The link changes to Clear All when you do this; select that link if you want to clear all selections.)
- The classes you selected are listed, and you can see the current monitor password for each class. For each class, enter the monitor password that you want to use for Accelerated Reader quizzes. Note: Monitor passwords are case-sensitive, so be sure to use the same capitalization that you expect your teachers to use (for example, MonitorPW is different from monitorpw).
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected classes, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, enter the password that you want to use; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)