Use this preference to set whether students at each school can see and read Accelerated Reader articles and take quizzes on those articles.
Who can do this with default permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
District level administrators can set the preference for all schools on your site. School level administrators can set the preference for their schools. Other staff and teachers cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
How to Get to This Preference
To get to the preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your initials in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that opens.
You can also select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Article Quiz Availability under the School Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to Set the Preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, School-level administrators
- Your schools are listed. For each school, if the box is checked, students will see ideas for articles to read in Accelerated Reader, and they can find, read, and take quizzes on those articles. If the box is not checked, articles are hidden from students, and they cannot read articles or take quizzes on them. (If you have started to make changes and you want to start over, select Undo Changes.)
If you want to use the same setting for all schools at once, select Set All. Then, check or uncheck the box as needed. When you're done, select Apply to All.
- When you have finished changing the settings, select Save Changes.
- To go back to the list of preferences, select < Back at the top of the page.