How Do I Get to This Page?
- On the Renaissance Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Under New School Year Wizards, select Upload Your Roster.
- Upload your completed single file template by either browsing for it or dragging and dropping it onto the box on the page.
- From the School drop-down list, select the school you want to import into.
- From the School year drop-down list, select the School year you want to import into.
- Select Next.
- After Identifying the rows in step 1, select Next.
- After Identifying the columns in step 2, select Next.
- After reviewing your data in step 3, select Next.
How to Match Students
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
On the Preview Student Matching page, select the rules for matching the students in your file with the students that are already in the system.
- By default, if your file has SIDs (student IDs) in it, then the first matching rule will be to match on ID. If there are no SIDs in your file, it will match on student First and last name. You can change this rule to match on something else by selecting a different option from the drop-down list. Your options are: ID, First and last name, First and last name and birthday, State ID, and Username. Important: If your file includes SIDs, but the students already have records in Renaissance that do not include SIDs, be sure to match on first, middle, and last names so that your students are properly matched and not duplicated.
- To add another matching rule, select Add more matching rules and from the drop-down list select the data you want to match on.
- To delete a matching rule, select Delete this matching rule at the end of the rule you want to delete.
- After you have selected the matching rules you want, review the two check boxes for Grade and Same School Enrollment. Check the box or boxes to have the students in your file matched on grade and/or school enrollment, in addition to the rules selected above.
- Grade: Student grades in the import file must match exactly with the grades in the system. If student grades do not match between both sources, duplicate students might be created.
- Same School Enrollment: Students must already be enrolled in the same school that has been selected for this import. If students are not enrolled in the selected school, duplicate students might be created.
- After you have selected the rules for matching your students, select Preview Student Matching Results.
- Review the matching results and confirm how you want the students to be imported by selecting or deselecting the check boxes described here. The numbers in the table will tell you how many existing students will be updated or new students created based on your import file.
- Update matched students from the import file with existing students in the system
- Create new students when there is no match between the import file and the system
- When you are ready to proceed to step 5 Match Personnel, select Next.