On the Preview Personnel Matching page, you select the rules for matching the personnel in your file with the personnel that are already in the system.
Are You Seeing Errors?
Personnel must have unique email addresses in Renaissance. If personnel in your file have the same email address as a user who is already in Renaissance, and the two users have not been matched in this step, you'll see the error shown below. Select Download error log to open a .csv file that lists the existing Renaissance users whose emails conflict with users in your file. The error log includes each Renaissance user's first and last name, user name, ID, and email address.
To solve the problem, do one of the following:
- If the Renaissance user listed in the error log and the user with the same email address in your import file are the same person, the information that you chose to match on is probably different, causing the software not to match the users. Compare the existing Renaissance user's information to the information in your import file to see where updates may be needed. You can either edit the information for the existing Renaissance user or change the information in your import file.
- If the Renaissance user and the user in your file are different personnel, you will need to change the email address for one of the users so that they are different/unique. You can either edit the existing Renaissance user or change the email address for the user in your file.
When you're done, select I'm ready to retry the import on this page to go back and upload your updated file.
For other errors, you will see a popup message that tells you to contact support. After contacting Renaissance and updating the file, you can repeat the single-school import steps.
How Do I Get to This Page?
Steps for getting to step 5 of the import
- On the Renaissance Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Under New School Year Wizards, select Upload Your Roster.
- Upload your completed single file template by either browsing for it or dragging and dropping it onto the box on the page.
- From the School drop-down list, select the school you want to import into.
- From the School year drop-down list, select the School year you want to import into.
- Select Next.
- After Identifying the rows in step 1, select Next.
- After Identifying the columns in step 2, select Next.
- After reviewing your data in step 3, select Next.
- After matching your students in step 4, select Next.
How to Match Personnel
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
- By default, then the first matching rule will match on personnel First and last name. You can change this rule to match on something else by selecting a different option from the drop-down list. Your options are: ID, First and last name, First and middle and last name, State ID, and Username.
To add another matching rule, select Add more matching rules and from the drop-down list select the data you want to match on. To delete a matching rule, select Delete this matching rule at the end of the rule you want to delete.
- After you have selected the matching rules you want, review the check box for Same School Enrollment. Check the box to have the personnel in your file matched on the same school enrollment as the school you chose to import into, in addition to the rules selected above.
- Same School Enrollment: Personnel must already be enrolled in the same school that has been selected for this import. If personnel are not enrolled in the selected school, duplicate personnel might be created.
- After you have selected the rules for matching your personnel, select Preview Personnel Matching Results.
- Review the matching results and confirm how you want the personnel to be imported by selecting or deselecting the check boxes described here. The numbers in the table will tell you how many existing personnel will be updated or new personnel created based on your import file.
- Update matched personnel from the import file with existing personnel in the system
- Create new personnel when there is no match between the import file and the system
- When you are ready to proceed to step 6 Match Courses, select Next.