How Do I Get to This Page?
- On the Renaissance Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Under New School Year Wizards, select Upload Your Roster.
- Upload your completed single file template by either browsing for it or dragging and dropping it onto the box on the page.
- From the School drop-down list, select the school you want to import into.
- From the School year drop-down list, select the School year you want to import into.
- Select Next.
- After Identifying the rows in step 1, select Next.
- After Identifying the columns in step 2, select Next.
- After reviewing your data in step 3, select Next.
- After matching your students in step 4, select Next.
- After matching your personnel in step 5, select Next.
- After matching your courses in step 6, select Next.
- After matching your classes in step 7, select Next.
How to Review and Import: Step 8
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
The last step in the import process is your last chance to review the data that will be imported based on the file you imported and the selections you made in the previous 5 steps.
- Carefully review the table that summarizes what will be imported, looking for anything that might need to be corrected. In the Import file Uploaded by row, you will see the file name of the import and your role. Under that in the Enrollment school Import data you will see a summary of the numbers of items imported per category, and how many new versus updated will be imported. If a student or personnel member will be updated, you'll see more information in the Updated Existing column. For students, if demographic information is available, you can select View Detail to see the demographic information.
- Review the Matching Options Review area to remind yourself of the matching rules you selected in previous steps. These are read-only and cannot be edited on this page.
- If all of the above looks accurate, read the notice about there not being an undo option; once you start the import there is no way to undo it. Check the I read the above and am ready to start my import box.
- Select Start this import to begin the process of importing the data from the file you uploaded into your Renaissance site.
- You will see a progress icon and be taken to the Import History page where you will see a summary of the import you just completed.