Team teachers can be added to a class so that they can see the class information and work with the class in your Renaissance products. The lead teacher is the main teacher for the class, but team teachers can also work with the class.
To add or remove team teachers for an existing class, follow the steps below. You can only add team teachers if the class already has a lead teacher and products selected.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- On the Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Classes & Courses.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the School drop-down list to choose the school whose courses you want to see.
- Use the Search by drop-down list to choose how to search: by course name, course code, or class name. Then, enter the information and select Search.
- In the search results, select the class you want to change.
- The Edit Class Details page will open. Select Add/Remove Teachers in the Teachers section.
- On the Add/Remove Teachers page, to add team teachers, follow these steps:
- Enter the teacher's name, user name, or ID. Or, to see the list of all teachers in your school, leave the field blank.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find personnel with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
- Select the magnifying glass (search icon).
- In the search results, check the box for the teacher(s) that you want to add and select + Assign Teachers.
- The teacher(s) will be added to the table on the right.
- To remove team teachers, select Unassign next to the teacher in the Teachers table.
If you need to change the lead teacher, select the Lead option for a different teacher in the table on the right.
- If you came from the Add Class or Edit Class page, select Done to save your changes to the class team teachers.
Select Back to exit the page without making any changes to the team teachers.
- If you go back to the Add or Edit Class page, select Save on that page to ensure that your changes are saved.