On this page, you can add or edit a course.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
How Do I Get to This Page?
- On the Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Classes & Courses.
- Select a school at the top of the page.
- If you want to add a course, select Add a Course under the search options.
If you want to edit a course that already exists, search for the course; then, select the course name in the results.
How to Add or Edit a Course's Information
Add or change the information for the course:
- School: When you are adding a course, use the drop-down list to choose the school for the course. If you are editing a course, you cannot change the school.
- Course Name: Enter the course name (required).
- Course Code: Enter the course code (optional).
- Subject: Subject is not required, but it can help others identify the purpose of the course. Use the drop-down list if you want to select a subject.
- Intended Grade: Grade is not required, but it can help identify the purpose of the course, and the course grade is also applied to the classes where needed. In the drop-down list, Pre-K means Pre-Kindergarten, Select means no grade has been assigned, and Greater than 12 means the course is for students beyond the 12th grade.
Select Save to save the course. Note: If your course name matches another one that already exists for the school(s), you will get an error message. Rename the course and select Save. (If you don't want to save what you have entered, select Cancel.)
When you first add a course, you will not see it in search results on the Classes and Courses page until you add a class to the course. This is because the Classes and Courses page lists classes, so courses that do not have classes yet are not shown.