A student account becomes locked when a student enters an incorrect password 6 times in a row. Students with locked accounts can log in again after 5 minutes or when the lock is cleared by personnel. These steps show how district-level administrators can clear locked students across the whole district.
Other personnel can clear locks for their own students by selecting their name at the top of the page and selecting Locked Students in the menu that opens.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators
- On the Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Edit Multiple Students under "Students."
- Under Lockouts and Passwords, select District-wide Account Actions.
- In the row for Unlock User Accounts, select Unlock Students. A small green message will appear at the top of the page saying the students have been updated.
- When you have finished unlocking student accounts, select Done.