This page provides two tabs that allow you to view or manage the information about students and personnel in your database. The links available on this page depend on your role and permissions in the software.
How Do I Get to This Page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
How to View Students
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- Use the drop-down list to choose how you want to search for students. If you choose any option besides All, a second drop-down list will open so you can choose a specific school, grade, teacher, or class.
- All: Search all students that you have access to (all students for district users, or your students for school-level users and teachers). For district users, this option also finds students who aren't in a school or class.
- School: Search for students in the school you specify. This option is only available for district users and for school-level users who are in more than one school (not teachers).
- Grade: Search for students in the grade you specify. This option is only available for district users and for school-level users; for district users, students who aren't in a class or school will be included.
- Teacher: Search for students by the teacher of their class(es). This option is only available for district users.
- Class: Search for students by the class you specify.
If you want to find a specific student, enter part or all of the student's name, user name, or ID; then, select Search.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
If you want to see students' classes as well as their personal information in the results, check Include class enrollments before you search (or search again with the box checked).
- The search results will appear, showing each student's name, user name, ID, and grade. You can view/print this page or select a student name to see more details about that student.
If you checked "Include class enrollments" and the students are enrolled in classes, you will also see their course, class, and teacher. Students who are enrolled in more than one school are marked with an asterisk (*).
50 results are shown at a time. If the search finds more than 50 students, select the arrows above or under the list to go to the next or previous page of results.
- Administrators and district staff have these additional options available:
- Personnel: Select Personnel toward the top of the page to search for and select personnel whose information you want to edit or view. Personnel include administrators, staff, and teachers.
- Add Student: Administrators and district staff can select this link to add students.
- Import: School and District Level Administrators can select this link to import student information into the software.
- Merge Students: School and District Level Administrators can select this link to merge two student records if you have accidentally added a student more than once.
- Transfer Student Data: School and District Level Administrators can select this link to request and then import data for individual students or an entire grade of students, or to generate a code to approve the transfer of data to another Renaissance site.
- Edit Multiple Students: Administrators and district staff can select this link to change the same information for multiple students. You can delete student records (and recover them), assign or remove characteristics, increase or decrease the grade level, edit school enrollments, prompt students to change their password the next time they log in, and reset student passwords to the same temporary password.
- Password Report: Click this link to create a list of student user names and passwords by class.
Administrators, district staff, and teachers have this additional option available:
- Accommodations & Non-Participation Report: Click this link to create a report showing the accommodations used by students on their most recent Star assessment, or which students had a non-participation status set for that assessment.
To clear student locks, select your name at the top of the page and choose Locked Students in the menu that opens. You will see a list of locked students; select Unlock Students to unlock their accounts.