Use this page to add a new person to a school.
How Do I Get to This Page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Personnel.
- Select Add School Personnel under "Personnel."
How to Add Personnel to a School
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators
- Complete the appropriate fields with details about this person.
Tips for completing the information:
- You can use the Tab key to move from one field to the next.
- Any information that is marked with an asterisk (*) is required. Other information is optional - you can leave it blank if the information is not necessary for your school's records.
- To choose the permission group, school, and gender, use the drop-down lists to choose the correct information. The permission group that you choose determines which program features the person can use.
- When adding school personnel, District Level Administrators or staff can use the School drop-down list to choose the school. If you need to assign more than one school, you can edit the personnel after you have finished adding this person.
- The user name and password cannot be the same, and user names must be different for each user.
- If you do not enter the user name, the program will generate one automatically.
- When you type the password, you will see asterisks (*) or dots instead of the information you type. The number of dots you see after you save do not necessarily reflect the number of characters in the password; this is a security feature.
- For teachers, the password must meet these requirements: at least 3 characters long, including at least 2 of the following: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numbers, and/or special characters (! # $ % - _ = + < >*).
For school administrators and staff, the password must be at least 10 characters long and include at least 3 of the following: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numbers, and/or special characters (! # $ % - _ = + < >*).
- Email addresses must be unique - they cannot match the email address of another user. Personnel will be asked to verify their email address when they first select Freckle or Schoolzilla on the Renaissance Home page or when they reset a forgotten password. Personnel can verify their own email address right away after you add them by selecting Edit Profile and going to the Login Settings page; please share this information with your newly added personnel.
- If you do not enter the ID when adding a user, an ID will be created by the software.
- Although the State Personnel ID is not required, it may be needed if you share data with your state.
- If you want to require the person to change his or her password after logging in next time, check the User must change password at next login box.
- If you want to save this person's information and you plan to add other personnel right away, select Save and Add so that you stay at this page.
- If you are adding just one personnel record, select Save.
- If you do not want to save the changes you made or the new information you entered, select Cancel.