On this page you can restrict data editing and warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name; then, select Manage Your Apps & Users in the menu that opens.
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Access and Security, select Data Editing Restrictions.
How to set Data Editing Restrictions
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators
Use this page to choose to restrict data editing or to warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance. There are two versions of the Data Editing Restrictions page:
- Most users will see the version described in the steps below, which includes three options for each category.
- If your site has been integrated with Clever, see Data Editing Restrictions and Clever later in this topic.
If you synchronize the user and rostering information in Renaissance with another database using the Custom Data Integration/CDI service, restricting editing or warning users in Renaissance can be helpful because changes made directly in Renaissance will be overwritten during the next sync.
- For each category listed, choose one of the options:
- Allow Editing means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data without any restrictions.
- Allow Cautioned Editing means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data, but they will see the symbol shown. When a user hovers the mouse cursor over the symbol, a caution message will open, telling them that manual changes may cause data syncing issues with an external system.
- Restrict Editing means users of this software cannot edit the information. The symbol will appear next to the inactive links. When users hover over the symbol, a message tells them that the system administrator has restricted editing of this feature.
- To apply the same data setting all of the task areas, select Set All. Then, choose the setting you want and select Apply to All.
To make different setting selections for each category, select the setting you want to the right of each category. Note that the selection applies to the list of items covered by the category. For example, if you choose one of the options behind "General Set Up," your choice is also applied to school years, marking periods, district and schools, and courses and classes.
- When you've finished setting the restrictions, select Save Changes. Select Undo Changes to reverse changes you made. To leave this page without changing the settings, select Back.
Data Editing Restrictions and Clever
If your Renaissance site has been integrated with Clever, and Clever is now the source of users and rostering, you will see a different version of the Data Editing Restrictions page. This page shows you which types of information cannot be edited in Renaissance because it comes from Clever (see the categories with the the icon) and which types of information can be edited if the box is checked:
|Information that cannot be edited after Clever integration ()||Information that may be edited after Clever integration|
For categories that can be edited, check the box to allow editing, and remove the check mark to prevent editing. In the Administrators and Staff category, note that there are separate check boxes for editing personal information, user names, and passwords and for adding administrators and staff. When you're done, select Save Changes.