The Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy data that you see in Renaissance Analytics is for assessments taken during district screening windows (not school screening windows). Star CBM benchmark data in Renaissance Analytics is also based on these district screening windows (not Star CBM screening windows/seasons).
Screening windows are set up in the Renaissance software. By default (before any changes are made), each new school year has three district screening windows:
- Fall: 8/15-9/30
- Winter: 12/1-1/15
- Spring: 4/15-5/31
However, administrators can make changes to these windows or the schools assigned to them. When administrators change district screening windows, they should make sure that:
- District screening windows are still available for all school years after the changes.
- All schools are assigned to the district screening windows. (This affects Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy data, but not Star CBM data.)
- The district screening windows cover the Star screening timeframes for all schools in your district.
- If the date range has been customized for any schools within the district screening windows, make sure those dates cover the Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy screening timeframes for those schools. Even if screening happens within the district screening window, if it does not happen in the dates set for the school, those screening tests won't be included in Renaissance Analytics. (For Star CBM assessments, all tests within district screening windows are included, regardless of the school settings.)
If you're missing some assessment data in Renaissance Analytics, check the following;
- Have the district screening windows been deleted? If district screening windows aren't available for a school year, assessment data for that school year won't be brought into Renaissance Analytics. If your administrator has deleted district screening windows, create new district screening windows to cover the time period when screening assessments are taken. Data from those district screening windows will be brought into Renaissance Analytics starting the next night.
- Have schools been removed from district screening windows? For Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy, only schools included in the district screening windows will have data in Renaissance Analytics. If your administrator has done this, you can edit the district screening windows and check the boxes next to the schools; the next time data is brought into Renaissance Analytics, it will include the schools you have added to the district screening windows. If you want specific schools to have shorter screening timeframes within the district screening window, the District Level Administrator or School Level Administrator can change the dates next to a school name while editing district screening windows.
- Were the assessments taken during the district screening windows? Only assessments taken during the district screening windows are included in the data shown in Renaissance Analytics. If custom date ranges have been set up for schools within the district screening windows, only Star assessments that happen within the school's custom dates will be included in Renaissance Analytics.
For more about district screening windows, see the following: