Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
On this page you can view the Reading Practice Quizzes that are available for your school. This list will also include all the Teacher-Made Quizzes that have been created for your school; for those quizzes, the Quiz Type will be "Reading Practice, Teacher Made."
At the top of the page, you have chosen viewing Reading Practice Quizzes from the first drop-down list. (If you want to view a different type of quiz, select this phrase again and choose a different quiz type; if you are an administrator, you will also have the option to manage books.)
If you have access to more than one school and you want to choose a different school, click the selected school in the sentence. In the window that opens, click the school whose quizzes you want to view; then, select Apply.
Use the search field to find specific Reading Practice Quizzes available at your school.
After searching, scroll through the list to see the results. If you see more than 25 results, use the arrows at the bottom to go to the next page , the last page , the previous page , or the first page of results .
You can narrow your results using the filters. Select Filters () to the right of the search field. Then, choose one of the categories on the left side of the Filters window.
You can choose from the following:
- F/NF: Fiction, nonfiction, or both
- Interest Level: Choose books whose content is most appropriate for LG (lower grades, K-3), MG (middle grades, 4-8), MG+ (higher middle grades, 6 and up), and/or UG (upper grades, 9-12). For Teacher-Made Quizzes that were not assigned an interest level, check "Unknown (Teacher-Made Quiz)". You can choose any or all of the interest levels.
- Points: Use the circles to define a range of points to include. The results will only include quiz titles whose points fall within the range you choose.
- ATOS BL: Use the circles to define the range of ATOS Book Levels to include. Only quiz titles with book levels in those range will be included.
- Lexile® measure*: Use the circles to define the range of Lexile® measures to include.
- Language: Choose to include English (EN) and/or Spanish (SP) quizzes.
- Audio Available: Choose to include quizzes that have Recorded Voice available and/or those that do not.
- Published Date: Choose start and end dates to see a list of Reading Practice Quizzes published during that date range. You can enter the dates in the fields or select them in the calendars. If you decide not to use dates you have entered, select Clear dates above the date fields.
Any filters that you have chosen will be checked on the left. If you want to clear the filters that you've applied, select Clear All (). When you're ready to close the filters, select Close ().
After you close the filters window, the filters that are applied are shown below the search field. You can select X on a filter to remove it, or select Clear All to remove all filters.
You can also choose how to sort your search results: by relevance to your search or by title (A to Z or Z to A).
For each quiz, you will see the title, author, quiz number and language, quiz type (Reading Practice or Reading Practice, Teacher-Made), Lexile® measure and ATOS book level (Level) (with the interest level after each), fiction or nonfiction, the number of points students can earn, the number of questions in the quiz, and the word count for the book.
The icon under the quiz type shows you whether the quiz is visible to students. (Administrators can choose whether quizzes are visible to students by managing books.)
If you want to see a quiz as a student will see it, select Take Sample Quiz. If Recorded Voice is available for the quiz, you will hear the Recorded Voice as you preview the quiz. (If the button is unavailable, you have not been given permission to take a sample quiz. If the selected school has no classes, you can't take a sample quiz; you will see an error message if you select Take Sample Quiz.)
To go back to the previous page, select < Back at the top of the page.
To see the quizzes that students have taken and the students' scores, go to the Accelerated Reader Record Book.
* LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2022 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.