Renaissance Accelerated Reader Bookguide includes several pre-defined user fields (such as Have Book, Have RP Quiz, Have Voice, Have Test, Call Number, or Number of Copies) to help you store information about your books and quizzes.
Accelerated Reader Bookguide also allows you to add two Custom Fields in the General Preferences. By adding custom fields, you are defining two columns of your own information. When you create your Custom Fields, you can name them, specify which values may be assigned to titles in each column, and then assign the information to the appropriate books. If you need to make changes later, you can change your Custom Fields or delete them.
Custom Fields are the last two columns on the right of your list report (if you chose to show Custom Fields from the Format options).
Edit, Add, or Delete Custom Fields
Follow the steps below to edit, add, or delete Custom Fields.
- From the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, under Setup and Administration, click Preferences. The Personal Preferences will open.
- Click General Preferences.
The names of the fields are shown after Custom Field 1 and Custom Field 2. These are the names that will appear in the column headings in your lists.
- To make changes to a custom field, click Edit after that field. The Edit Custom Field 1 page will open.
- To change the name of the Custom Field, click Edit after the title. Type the new title in the text field and click Save.
To add an option that you can assign to books for a custom field, type the name in the blank Add/Edit Option field; then, click Add. The new option is added to the list of Options.
To edit an existing entry in the Options, select the entry you want to change and click Edit. Change the name and click Save.
To delete an existing option in the list, select the entry you want to delete and click Delete.
- When you are done editing the Custom Field, click Done.
- Repeat steps 3-5 above to edit the other Custom Field if necessary.
Assigning Custom Fields to Titles
- To assign your custom fields to a particular book title, go to that title's Book Details page. (Click the book title to access that title's Book Details page.)
- On the Book Details page, locate the desired custom field(s). Choose the desired setting from the drop-down list.
- To save your changes, click Save. To return to your Active List without saving your changes, click Cancel.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each title to which you want to assign custom fields.