The Marking Period Progress Report shows how the students in the selected class(es) performed in each of the marking periods you chose to include. For each class and marking period, the report shows the average percent correct for the quiz type, the points earned, the median points for the class or group (for quizzes that have points), and the book level (difficulty level). You will also see the percent of student at risk, which includes any student who has one of the diagnostic codes shown on the Summary Diagnostic Report.
Follow the steps below to generate the report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading; then, select Reports from the menu. (If you select Reports on the Home page instead, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice if a menu opens when you select the tile.)
- On the Reports page, the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab is selected. In the Monitor Progress section of the page, select Marking Period Progress Report. (If you have added the report to the Pinned Reports, you'll find it under that section at the top of the page.)
- On the Marking Period Progress Report page, select Choose Assignment Type.
- In the window that opens, select Accelerated Reader or Accelerated Reader 360 Instructional Practice in the first column and select a quiz or assignment type in the second column. This report supports Reading Practice Quizzes and Accelerated Reader 360 assignments. Select Apply.
- Next, select Choose Students to choose which students will be in the report.
- Choose the students to include in the report. Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the popup window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list). This column is not available to teachers unless they are assigned to more than one school.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers, school administrators, and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see groups you created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- If you want to use demographic data to focus the report on specific students, select Choose Demographics.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language (the students' primary language, if specified), and Grade Level. To focus the report on specific groups, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column. Note that ethnicity, gender, primary language, and grade level may be specified for students when you add them to the software, but only grades are required; other information may not be available for your students.
In the example above, the user has selected one Language and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To focus the report on students with specific characteristics, choose Select Characteristics; then, check the characteristics that you are interested in. You must also choose any or all above the check boxes to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you have finished choosing demographic options, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- Select the Marking Periods drop-down list and choose All, or choose Specify if you want to include some, but not all, of the marking periods.
If you choose Specify, select the Select Marking Periods drop-down list; then, check the marking periods that you want to include in the report.
- If you only want to include classes or groups who have data, check Hide Groups Without Data.
- Select Update Report under the options.
- The report will open under the button with the class or group name and the teachers shown above the table(s). For each marking period, you will see the average percent correct for the class or group.
If you want to print the report, select the PDF icon in the top right corner of the page. A PDF of the report will open in a new tab, where you can print or save it.
When you're ready to leave the page, you can select the Home button to go back to the Home page. To go back to the Reports page, select the Reports button (circled below) or the Back to Reports link.