The Certification Levels Report lists the reader certifications (if any) that each included student has achieved by taking Reading Practice Quizzes.
For each student, the shows the certifications that the student has achieved and the date each was achieved. You can also see which certification levels each student achieved more than once, if any.
Note: For classes that are using the K-2 goal model for other reading goals, certification goals are not available because students earn badges instead of certifications.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading; then, select Reports from the menu. (If you select Reports on the Home page instead, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice if a menu opens when you select the tile.)
- On the Reports page, the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab is selected. In the Certification and Achievement section of the page, select Certificate Levels Report. (If you have added the report to the Pinned Reports, you'll find it under that section at the top of the page.)
- On the report page, select Choose Assignment Type.
- In the window that opens, select Accelerated Reader in the first column and Reading Practice Quiz in the second column. Then, select Apply. (Certifications are based on Reading Practice Quizzes.)
- Next, select Choose Students to choose which students will be in the report.
- Choose the students to include in the report. Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the popup window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list). This column is not available to teachers unless they are assigned to more than one school.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers, school administrators, and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see groups you created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- If you want to use demographic data to focus the report on specific students, select Choose Demographics.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language (the students' primary language, if specified), and Grade Level. To focus the report on specific groups, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column. Note that ethnicity, gender, primary language, and grade level may be specified for students when you add them to the software, but only grades are required; other information may not be available for your students.
In the example above, the user has selected one Language and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To focus the report on students with specific characteristics, choose Select Characteristics; then, check the characteristics that you are interested in. You must also choose any or all above the check boxes to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you have finished choosing demographic options, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- By default, the report will include the current school year. If you want to choose a marking period or custom dates instead, select the date field.
If you want to use one of the marking periods that have been added for your school, select the marking period in the list.
If you want to use custom dates, select Custom. In the calendars, select the first date in the range; then, select the last date. (Use the arrows to the left and right of the months to go back or forward.)
- If you only want to include classes or groups who have data, check Hide Groups Without Data.
- Select Update Report under the options.
- The report will open under the button with the class or group name and the teachers shown above the table(s). For each student, you will see the certifications achieved in the time period and the date each was achieved.
If you want to print the report, select the PDF icon in the top right corner of the page. A PDF version of the report will open in a new tab, where you can print or save it.
When you're ready to leave the page, you can select the Home button to go back to the Home page. To go back to the Reports page, select the Reports button (circled below) or the Back to Reports link.