Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
You can take a sample Reading Practice Quiz (or Teacher-Made Quiz) so that you can see how a specific quiz is presented to students. Follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader or Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Content page, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Books and Quizzes page, select viewing Reading Practice Quizzes in the sentence at the top of the page. Then, select the school name in the sentence, select a school in the window that opens, and select Apply.
- You will see the Reading Practice Quizzes that are available for your school (or the school you selected). If you have Teacher-Made Quizzes, the Quiz Type shown will be "Reading Practice, Teacher-Made" instead of only "Reading Practice."
Find the quiz that you want to preview.
More about how to find quizzes
You can use the drop-down list to sort the list by title (A to Z or Z to A) or by relevance to a keyword that you search for.
To find specific quizzes, use the search field to search for them. You can search by words in the title, author's name, or quiz number.
To find quizzes that meet specific criteria, click Filters to the right of the search field. Then, select the filter that you want to use on the left. You can choose to see quizzes that are fiction and/or nonfiction, with certain interest levels based on the book's content, quizzes worth a certain range of points, quiz titles within a specific book-level range (ATOS and/or Lexile®* measure), quizzes in English and/or Spanish, and/or quizzes with Recorded Voice (audio) available. For filters with check boxes like the one shown below, simply check the boxes for the types of quizzes that you want to include, or check Select all in the top right corner.
For filters with ranges, drag the two circles to set the lower and upper ends of the range. In the example below, ATOS Book Level ranges from 4 to 8 will be included.
To clear any filters that you have selected, click Clear All at the bottom of the filter pop-up window.
To close the filter window and see the results for the filters you have chosen, select Close in the bottom-right corner of the filter window. The quizzes that match your criteria will be listed, and you will see the filters you applied below the search field. To remove any of the filters and see the adjusted list of quizzes, select X () on that filter. To remove all filters, select Clear All to the right of the filters.
* LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2022 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Select Take Sample Quiz for the quiz that you want to see.
If the button is unavailable, you have not been given the user permission to take a sample quiz.
If the selected school has no classes, you can't take a sample quiz; you will see an error message if you select Take Sample Quiz.
Note: No preferences apply to sample quizzes, though your preference settings do apply when students take quizzes.
- The quiz will open to the first question. Note that if Recorded Voice is available for the quiz, you will hear the Recorded Voice as well. Select an answer to each question; then, select Next. After answering the last question, select Finish.
You can stop the quiz and go back to the Reading Practice Quizzes page at any time. Simply select Stop Quiz in the top left corner of the page.
- After you answer the quiz questions, you will be asked to rate the book. Select a rating; then, select Next. The rating that you choose will not be recorded as ratings from your students are.
- When you finish the quiz, you will see your results. Close the tab or window that the quiz was launched in and go back to the Manage Books and Quizzes page.