Articles are no longer being added for Accelerated Reader. Existing articles are still available for students to read and take quizzes on, but Renaissance will not be continuing development of features for article quizzes.
If your school uses myON, students can find a new set of news articles daily in myON News. Each article includes a quiz and other resources.
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
You can view the nonfiction articles available to students and take a sample Article Quiz so that you can see the content of the article and how the article and quiz are presented to students. Follow the steps below. Note: If the school Article Quiz Availability preference has articles turned off for a school, students will not see articles.
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader or Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Content page, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Books and Quizzes page, select viewing Article Quizzes in the sentence at the top of the page. Then, select the school name in the sentence, select a school in the window that opens, and select Apply.
- You will see the Article Quizzes that are available for your school (or the school you selected).
Find the quiz that you want to preview.
More about how to find quizzes
You can use the Sort by drop-down list to sort the list by title (A to Z or Z to A) or by relevance to a keyword that you search for.
To find specific quizzes, use the search field to search for them. You can search by words in the title, description, or article.
To find quizzes that meet specific criteria, click Filters to the right of the search field. Then, select the filter that you want to use on the left. You can choose to see quizzes quizzes worth a certain range of points (article quizzes are worth one point), quiz titles within a specific book-level range (ATOS and/or Lexile®* measure), and/or quizzes published in a specific date range. For filters with ranges, drag the two circles to set the lower and upper ends of the range. In the example below, ATOS Book Level ranges from 4 to 6 will be included.
To clear any filters that you have selected, click Clear All at the bottom of the filter pop-up window.
To close the filter window and see the results for the filters you have chosen, select Close in the bottom-right corner of the filter window. The quizzes that match your criteria will be listed, and you will see the filters you applied below the search field. To remove any of the filters and see the adjusted list of quizzes, select X () on that filter. To remove all filters, select Clear All to the right of the filters.
* LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2022 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.
- To see an article and its quiz as a student will see them, select View Article/Quiz.
If the button is unavailable, you have not been given the user permission to take a sample quiz.
If the selected school has no classes, you can't take a sample quiz; you will see an error message if you select View Article/Quiz.
Note: Preference settings do not apply to sample quizzes, though your preference settings do apply when students take quizzes.
- The article will open. Read the article. When you're done, select Next at the bottom of the page.
- Next, select Take Quiz to take the quiz on the article.
- The quiz will open to the first question. Select an answer to each question; then, select Next. After answering the last question, select Finish.
- When you finish the quiz, you will see your results. Close the tab that opened from the sample quiz and go back to the original tab.