Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The steps below work for all users. Administrators can also choose to manage books (instead of viewing Reading Practice Quizzes) and then select Filters, select the Quiz Type filter, and check Teacher-Made to see a list of all Teacher-Made Quizzes.
Follow the steps below to view Teacher-Made Quizzes.
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader or Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Content page, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- On the Manage Books and Quizzes page, select viewing Reading Practice Quizzes in the sentence at the top of the page. Then, select the school name, select a school in the window that opens, and select Apply.
- You will see the Reading Practice Quizzes that are available for your school (or the school you selected). For Teacher-Made Quizzes, the Quiz Type will be "Reading Practice, Teacher-Made" instead of only "Reading Practice."
If you want to see a quiz as a student will see it, select Take Sample Quiz. (If the button is unavailable, you have not been given the user permission that allows you to take a sample quiz. If the selected school has no classes, you can't take a sample quiz; you will see an error message if you select Take Sample Quiz.)
You can use the drop-down list to sort the list by title (A to Z or Z to A) or by relevance to a keyword that you search for.
To find specific Teacher-Made Quizzes, use the search field to search for them. You can search by words in the title, author's name, or quiz number. Older Teacher-Made Quizzes have numbers from 900-1399. Newer Teacher-Made Quizzes have numbers in the 400000 range. Note that Teacher-Made Quizzes are unique to each school, so be sure to look for them in the school that uses each quiz.
To find quizzes that meet specific criteria, click Filters to the right of the search field. Then, select the filter that you want to use on the left. You can choose to see quizzes that are fiction and/or nonfiction, with certain interest levels based on the book's content, quizzes worth a certain range of points, quiz titles within a specific book-level range (ATOS and/or Lexile®* measure), quizzes in English and/or Spanish, and/or quizzes with Recorded Voice (audio) available. For filters with check boxes like the one shown below, simply check the boxes for the types of quizzes that you want to include, or check Select all in the top right corner.
For filters with ranges, drag the two circles to set the lower and upper ends of the range. In the example below, ATOS Book Level ranges from 4 to 8 will be included.
To clear any filters that you have selected, click Clear All at the bottom of the filter pop-up window.
To close the filter window and see the results for the filters you have chosen, select Close in the bottom-right corner of the filter window. The quizzes that match your criteria will be listed, and you will see the filters you applied below the search field. To remove any of the filters and see the adjusted list of quizzes, select X () on that filter. To remove all filters, select Clear All to the right of the filters.
* LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2022 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.