Accelerated Reader reports provide more information about your quizzes and students and students' quiz scores. Teachers can print reports for their classes. School staff and school administrators can print reports for any classes in the school. District staff and district administrators can print reports for any classes or students in any school in the district.
On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading; then, select Reports from the menu.
You will go to the Reports page, with the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab selected.
On this tab, you'll see an icon for each of the reports or views that are available. Select a report or dashboard to open it; then, choose the type of work and students to include, and view the report.
If you use a report often, select the pin () on the report tile to add it to the Pinned Reports section at the top of the page so you can find it easily next time.
Reports that show goals only include goals set with the goal models for grades 3-5 or grades 6 and up. Badge goals for grades K-2 will not be shown on reports.
The following reports are available:
- Summary Diagnostic Report: Use this report to see diagnostic codes and data about your students' quizzes taken and passed, average percent correct, points earned, engaged minutes per day, average book level, and certification goals. You can generate this report for All Reading, which includes Reading Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, and Article Quizzes, or for one of those quiz types.
- Student Performance Record Report: Use this report to see which quizzes each student has taken, including the quiz number, language, title, fiction/nonfiction, whether the quiz was read independently, the number and percentage of questions answered correctly, the points earned (achieved) and possible (measured), and the book level (difficulty level). You can also see the overall average percent correct and book level for each student. You can generate this report for Reading Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, Article Quizzes Literacy Skills Quizzes, and/or Vocabulary Practice Quizzes.
- AR Record Book & Goals: This is the same page that you will see when you choose Accelerated Reader Independent Practice on the Home page and then choose Record Book & Goals from the menu. The Record Book shows you information about your student's latest quizzes and reading practice for this school year. You can select a student's name to see a list of the quizzes that student has taken. You can also set and view reading goals and reading certification goals. For more information, see Accelerated Reader Record Book, Accelerated Reader Goals (Record Book), and Accelerated Reader Certifications (Record Book).
- Schoolwide Summary Report: Use this report to see grade-level or class-level data on your students' reading practice, including the number of students below 85% or 75% (depending on the option you choose), the average percent correct for the class or grade, the average book level, the points earned, and the median of points earned.
- TWI Report: Use this report to see information about quizzes that students took on books read independently, read to them, or read with them. The report shows you the average percent correct, percentage of points earned, total points, average book level (difficulty level), and the number of quizzes passed and taken.
- Independent Reading Diagnostic Report: For independent reading, use this Dashboard view to see your students' achievement on quiz percent correct, points earned, percent nonfiction, and percent of reading done within the students' Zone of Proximal Development.
- Marking Period Progress Report: Use this report to see your students' average percent correct, points earned, and average book level as well as the percentage of students who are at risk.
Certification and Achievement
- Word Count Report: Use this report to see the number of quizzes passed and taken and the number of words read based on the books that students took quizzes for. This report includes Reading Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, and Article Quizzes.
- Goal History Report: Use this report to see students' reading practice goals (average percent correct, points, average book level, and certification goals) and their actual achievement.
- Goals Met Report: Use this report to see which students have (or have not) met their goals for a marking period or the school year. You can choose which goals to include (average book level, average percent correct, and/or points).
- Point Club Summary Report: Use this report to see the students who have met or exceeded certain levels of points earned. You can generate this report for Reading Practice Quizzes or Other Reading Quizzes.
- Certificates for Student Achievement: Use this report to print certifications for students who have achieved reading certifications. Choose Reading Practice Quizzes when you generate this report since reading certifications are based on those quizzes.
- Certification Levels Report: Use this report to see the reading certifications that your students have achieved. Choose Reading Practice Quizzes when you generate this report since reading certifications are based on those quizzes.
- Book Labels Report: Use this to print labels for your books that include information about each book (such as title, author, book level and interest level) and the quiz (quiz number and points possible).
- Quiz List Report: Use this report to see information about quiz titles. For each quiz you will see the number, language, title, author, interest level, book level, points available, word count, and whether it is fiction or nonfiction.
- Monitor Student Mastery Dashboard: Students' work on Literacy Skills Quizzes or on Accelerated Reader 360 skills practice assignments will be taken into account in domain mastery percentage scores if you select "Comprehensive" or "Probed Mastery" at the top of the page.
- Skills Status Report: Use this report to see students' percent correct for the literacy skills in each skill area. These skills are addressed on Literacy Skills Quizzes.
- Student Mastery Record Report: Use this report to see information about your students' skills mastery based on Literacy Skills Quizzes or Accelerated Reader 360 article assignments.
- Words Learned Report: Use this report to see how many words students have learned and their average grade level (based on Vocabulary Practice Quizzes taken).
- Ranking Report: This report ranks students by their average percent correct (accuracy) on the quiz type that you select (Reading Practice, Literacy Skills, Other Reading, or Vocabulary Practice).
- Quiz Takers Report: Use this view to see how students did on specific quizzes. You select the quizzes to include, the classes (with all students or selected students), and the timeframe. For selected quizzes, you can see quiz and book information, students' percent correct, and points earned.
- Reading Trends Dashboard: This dashboard tells you more about your students' reading based on Reading Practice Quizzes and Other Reading Quizzes (including article quizzes). You can see top and bottom results for the number of quizzes taken, quiz ratings for Reading Practice Quizzes, or percent correct among students in the classes you select.
Reports for Parents
- Practice Parent Report: Use this report to give parents information about their students' reading practice. For the quiz type that you select, the report includes the percent correct and the percent correct goal (if one has been set for the time period that you have selected).
- Home Connect Send Home Letter: If you want students and parents to be able to see their progress on reading practice from home, use this letter to send parents the information they need to log in to Home Connect. Note that this version of Home Connect is separate from the version used to see math practice.
Administrators can also create historical extract files of Accelerated Reader data.
Teachers, staff, and administrators can also create Reading Snapshots to share the amount of reading students are doing or the percentage of students who are meeting their goals.