You can export a list from Accelerated Reader Bookguide as either
- a tab-delimited export text (.txt) file or
- an HTML file.
The text (.txt) export file can be opened and saved in a spreadsheet program. An HTML (.html) export file can be saved as a web page that can then be posted on your school's website.
Follow these steps to export a list:
- From the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, click List Management.
- On either the List Management or Active List page, click Export. The Book List Export page opens.
- If the list you want to export is not selected, select it from the List drop-down list.
- Select the format of the export.
Click Text if you want a .txt file export.
Click HTML if you want an .html file export. Type the title for the HTML export in the text box provided.
- Select the sort order for the titles in the export.
The default is to sort by Title.
Your choices are: Title (default), Author's last name, Quiz number, or Book Level.
- Click Generate Export.
- When your export file is ready, the Book List Export page opens with instructions about how to use your .txt or .html export file.
To use an HTML export file, click HTML Export File to open the file in a new tab or new browser window. Then, use the browser's save capability to save the file and choose a file name and location.
To use a Text export file, click Text Export File to open the tab-delimited file. Then, save it to your computer.
- When you are finished, click Done to leave the Book List Export page.