There are two ways of searching: Basic Search and Advanced Search. Use search to:
- find book and quiz information
- determine if you have a particular book and/or a quiz for the book
The Basic Search is the default search. Use it to quickly find a specific book or quiz title when you have the title, author, quiz number, or ISBN number.
- From the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, under Title and List Management, click Book/Quiz Search. The Basic Search page opens.
- Choose how you want to match the text you enter: Contains (default), Starts with, or Exact phrase.
- Use the drop-down list to select the type of item you are searching for: Title (default), Author, Quiz Number, or ISBN.
- Type your search term into the blank field.
- Use the Titles per page drop-down list to select the number of titles (search results) you want displayed per page. Choices are: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, or 100.
- Click Search. See Search Results.
Use Advanced Search when you want to expand or define your search results by entering more detailed information before you search.
- From the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, under Title and List Management, click Book/Quiz Search.
- The Basic Search page opens. Click Advanced Search.
- Choose how to match your search term: Contains (default), Starts with, or Exact phrase.
- Use the text fields to enter Title, Author, and/or Publisher.
- Use the drop-down list to choose whether to find Fiction and Nonfiction books (default), Fiction books only, or Nonfiction books only.
- If you want to limit the search results to books with points in a specific range, enter a points range.
- Below the points range, you can choose whether to change the book levels that are shown for books in the results. If the software is set up to show ATOS book levels, you can select Show Lexile® Measure to change it to show those levels. If it is set up to show Lexile® Measures, you can select Show ATOS Book Level. If you make a change here, you are also changing the book level that is selected in the General Preference.
- Use the drop-down list to choose whether to find English & Spanish books (default), English books only, or Spanish books only.
- If you want to limit your search results to books with a specific Interest Level, use the third drop-down list to choose that interest level. Your choices are Any Interest Level (default), Lower Grades (LG), Middle Grades (MG), Middle Grades Plus (MG+), or Upper Grades (UG).
If you select an Interest Level, you can enter a Book Level range to limit search results to books within that range.
- Use the Topics and Subtopics drop-down lists if you want to narrow your search results to books on specific topics or subtopics.
- If you have defined Custom Fields, you can select a value you have set, Any Value or Not Assigned in either drop-down list for the Custom Fields. See Preferences to define Custom Fields.
- In the right column, use the quiz and book drop-down lists to limit the search results to books and quizzes that you own or do not own. In each drop-down list, you can select Any (default), Yes, or No. (Note that current Accelerated Reader customers own all quizzes.)
- If you want to limit your search results to books that you have marked as owned and for which you've designated a specific location, you can choose the location. The default is Any Book Location.
- If you know when the quiz was released, use the Quiz Released drop-down list to select the date range you want: Any Time (default) or past 7, 15, 30, 60, 90 or 180 days.
- Use the Quiz Type drop-down list to select the specific type of quiz you're searching for: Any Quiz Type (default), Reading Practice (RP), Recorded Voice (RV), Literacy Skills (LS), or Vocabulary Practice (VP).
- In the Titles per page drop-down list, select 10, 20 (default), 30, 40, 50, 75, or 100 to specify the number of titles that will appear on each page of search results.
- Click Search. See Search Results.
If you want to search again, and you want to reset all of the fields to their defaults (and remove entries in blank fields), click Reset all Fields at the bottom of the page.