After a student takes an Accelerated Reader quiz of any type, you can edit the date in the quiz record. This is useful when a quiz needs to apply to goals for a different marking period (such as when a student takes a quiz later because of illness) or when you want the quiz to appear in reports for a different time period.
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers*
*Teachers' ability to edit quiz dates is set by the Manage Quiz Results preference.
Follow these steps to edit quiz scores:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- On the Record Book and Goals page, select the Latest Quiz tab.
- On the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose quiz date needs changing.
- On the Quizzes tab on the Student Details page, you will see a list of the Reading Practice quizzes that the student has taken. If you want to see quizzes of another type, select Reading Practice Quizzes and choose the quiz type.
In the list of quizzes taken, administrators with the default capabilities will see quizzes from this school year and last school year. Teachers will only see quizzes from this school year unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
- When you have found the quiz record that needs the date edited, select Actions in the row for that quiz; then, select Edit Quiz Date from the menu that opens. Note: If you are a teacher and the View TOPS option is the only one available, the Manage Quiz Results preference setting does not allow teachers to edit quiz dates; contact your school or software administrator to ask that the change be made.
You can also search for the quiz by title or number using the search field above the table.
For students whose classes use the goal models for grades 3-5 or grades 6 and up, you can also edit quiz dates starting from the Student Goals tab on the Student Details page. Note that the Student Goals tab only lists quizzes from the selected marking period.
- In the calendar that opens, you can type the date in the blank after "To:" (in mm/dd/yyyy format), or you can use the calendar to select the date that you want to use for the quiz record. You can enter or select any day within the current school year that has already occurred, including today. (You can't select future dates.)
In the calendar, use the arrows at the top of the calendar to go to the next or previous month.
You can also select the name of the month, then choose the year and month that you'd like to go to.
When you're done, select Apply.
- The message that appears next will show you the student's name, quiz name, the previous quiz date, and the new quiz date. It will also remind you that you will not see the change in goals and reports right away - updates to goals and reports may take up to one hour. Select OK.
Once the quiz date is changed on the Student Details page, the new date will be underlined. If you move the cursor over that date, you can see the original quiz date, the date that the quiz date was changed, and the name of the person who changed the quiz date.