After a student takes a Reading Practice or Other Reading Quiz, you can edit the student's quiz score by marking whether each answer was correct or incorrect. You can also follow these steps to simply review the answers that a student chose without making changes.
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers*
*Teachers' ability to edit scores is set by the Manage Quiz Results preference.
Follow these steps to edit quiz scores:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- On the Record Books & Goals page, select the Latest Quiz tab.
- On the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose quiz record you want to rescore.
- On the Quizzes tab, you will see a list of the Reading Practice quizzes that the student has taken. If you want to see quizzes of another type, select Reading Practice Quizzes and choose the quiz type.
In the list of quizzes taken, administrators with the default capabilities will see quizzes from this school year and the previous school year. Teachers will only see quizzes from this school year unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
- When you have found the quiz record that you want to rescore, select Actions in the row for that quiz; then, select Review/Rescore from the menu that opens. Note: If you are a teacher and the View TOPS option is the only one available, the Manage Quiz Results preference setting does not allow teachers to edit quiz scores; contact your school or software administrator to ask that the change be made.
You can also search for the quiz by title or number using the search field above the table.
For students whose classes use the goal models for grades 3-5 or grades 6 and up, you can also review and edit quiz scores starting from the Student Goals tab on the Student Details page. Note that the Student Goals tab only lists quizzes from the selected marking period.
- You will go to a summary that shows the student's score. To see the student's score for a question, select the question number. If want to see all questions, start by selecting question 1.
- You will see the question, the student's answer (Student Response), and whether that answer is correct. If the student chose the wrong answer, you will also see which answer is correct. To change how an item is scored, select the drop-down list and choose 1 for a correct answer or 0 for an incorrect answer.
When a student reviews the questions on the quiz, the student will still see his or her original answer (and the intended correct answer if the student's answer is different). This is because you are changing the student's score for the answer, not the answer itself. The score that the student sees on the quiz results page will reflect the changes that you made.
- To go to the next question, select question 2 at the top of the page. (If you prefer, you can select a different question to see next.)
- When you are done rescoring questions, select Return to Summary.
- You will return to the Activity Summary, and the score shown will reflect any changes you've made. Select Done to go back to the Accelerated Reader Record Book's Student Details page. (On that page, note that it may take up to 30 minutes for the change to be reflected in the School Year Summary.)
Mastery is only shown for Literacy Skills Quizzes, not other quiz types.