The Quiz Settings under Individual Student Preferences include the TWI Settings and Recorded Voice settings. Administrators and teachers can change the settings, but all users can view the settings as described in this topic. Note: The Individual Student Preference settings remain in effect when one school year ends and another begins; it's a good idea to check the preference settings at the start of each new school year.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
District-level administrators and district staff can view the preference for students in all classes at all schools. School-level administrators and school staff can view the preference for students in all classes at their schools. Teachers can view the preference for their classes.
- Select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu as shown above.
- Select Quiz Settings under the Individual Student Preferences on the Preferences page.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the Schools drop-down list to choose the school whose classes you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Classes drop-down list to choose the class that you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Students drop-down list to choose the students that you want to set the preference for. Then, check the students. If you want to set the preference for all of the students in the selected classes, click Select All. (The link changes to Clear All when you do this; select that link if you want to clear all selections.)
- The students are listed. In the first column for each student, you will see whether each student will be asked how the book was read (To, With, or Independently) when the student takes a Reading Practice Quiz. Always Independent means that the student will not be asked the question, and the software will assume that all books read by the student were read independently. Ask TWI Question means the question will be asked.
The second column for each student shows one of the following settings for Reading Practice Quizzes that have Recorded Voice available:
- On: All: By default, the student will take quizzes with Recorded Voice no matter how the book was read (To, With, or Independently). Even though using Recorded Voice will be the default, the student can still choose not to use Recorded Voice for the quiz.
- On: Read to or With: By default, the student will take a quiz with Recorded Voice on books that were Read To or Read With. Even though using Recorded Voice will be the default for books that are Read To or Read With, the student can still choose whether or not to use Recorded Voice for the quiz.
- Off: All: The student cannot use Recorded Voice for any quiz. The student will not have the option to use Recorded Voice.