Students follow these steps to complete an Accelerated Reader 360 Assigned Reading assignment.
Note: You can also use the video available on the Accelerated Reader 360 Assigned Reading Help page to show students how assignments work.
- On the Home page, select the assignment in the Assignments List on the right side of the Home page.
- First, you will see the instructions for the assignment. They will tell you what to think about and look for when you read the article. When you are done reading the instructions, read the article carefully. (You do not highlight the text when you read the article the first time.) Then, select Next >.
- If the instructions asked you to highlight and tag some of the text, the next step will show you the article again and will ask you to highlight and tag the text. Select the text that you want to highlight; then, choose a tag from the popup window.
When you are done, select Next > to go to the next step. Your article might have more than one highlight and tag question; if there is more than one tag that you need to select (such as "cause" and "effect"), each tag will have its own step.
As you work on the assignment, there are two ways to go forward and back.
You can select Next > and < Back at the bottom of the page.
You can also select a step that you want to go to using the numbers at the bottom of the page.
- If the assignment has Show You Know questions, type your answer to the question in the box. (Remember that the article is below the question, so you can check the article again if you need to.) After you answer the question, select Next >. The assignment might have more than one question.
- If the assignment has a link, read the instructions and then click the link. You will go to a web page or a video in a new tab in the browser. When you are done, come back to this assignment in the first browser tab.
- On the last step of the assignment, if you are sure that you are done, select Finish. (If you want to check your answers first, remember that you can go back.)
- After you choose Finish, a message will remind you that you can't change your answers once you finish. Select Finish in the message if you are sure that you are done.
If you didn't answer some of the questions, you'll see this message instead. Select Go Back and Review Questions to go back to the assignment so that you can answer the rest of the questions.
- The Activity Score page will tell you that your work is waiting to be graded by your teacher.
If the assignment includes a quiz, select Take Quiz to start the quiz.
If there is no quiz, select Done.
- If a quiz is included, you will go to the quiz for the article.
If the program asks for a monitor password before the quiz, the teacher needs to enter the password and select OK. (The Password Requirement preference sets whether the password is required, and the password for the class is set in the Monitor Password preference.)
The Accelerated Reader Date and Time Restrictions may also prevent students from taking quizzes on certain days or times; if so, you may be able to override the restrictions using a monitor password (depending on the preference settings).
- Select your answer to each question; then, select Next. After you answer the last question, select Finish.
- When you are done, you will see your score. Select Exit to go back to your Home page.
The Assignments list on your Home page will show both the skills practice activity (your assignment) and the quiz for the article. For the skills practice activity, you will see "Submitted" until your teacher has graded your assignment. When the teacher is done, you can see your results.