I just started using Accelerated Reader 360. How do I get started with Assigned Reading?
How do I create or manage groups?
In addition to assigning work to your classes, you can assign work to any groups you have created. For more information, see Manage Groups Page.
How do I assign articles?
There are three ways to find and assign article assignments:
- Find assignments by skill and standard
- Find articles and assignments by topic and keyword
- Assign one of the featured articles
Can I print articles?
Accelerated Reader 360 does not include a feature for printing articles at this time.
Do students earn points for article quizzes?
Yes. Students earn up to 1 point for each passed article quiz, and article quizzes are included in points goals.
Do students' article quizzes count toward their Accelerated Reader goals?
Article quizzes count toward reading average percent correct goals, points goals, and average book level goals.
How do I see the results of students' quizzes?
There are two ways to do this:
- Select Track Assignments at the top of the main Accelerated Reader 360 page. You will go to the Track Student Work Dashboard for the selected class, where you can see the status of student work, view quiz scores, and score skills practice assignments as needed.
- You can also see students' scores in Reading Reports.
- For article quizzes only (not skills practice), you can see quiz scores in the Accelerated Reader Record Book.
When students take quizzes, the program asks for a monitor password. Is this the same password that is used for Independent Reading quizzes?
Yes, this is the same password that is used for other Accelerated Reader quizzes for Independent Reading. The password is set for each class using the Monitor Password Preference; the Password Requirement Preference sets whether the monitor password is required.
Can I create my own assignments?
Yes, you can create your own skills practice assignments in Accelerated Reader 360. When you select assignments for a new plan, use the My Content tab to quickly find only the article assignments that you have created.
How do I bring my own articles or articles that I find on the web into Accelerated Reader 360?
Can I read and assign eBooks in Accelerated Reader 360 Instructional Reading?
No, books that were read or loaded into Accelerated Reader 360 are no longer available. There are many e-readers available that support the same free books that Accelerated Reader 360 supported, such as www.feedbooks.com.
Students joined my class after I created assignments. How do I add assignments for those students?
Create the same assignments again, selecting only the students who have not yet received the assignments, and choose the same timeframe.